Gladys Bronsyn Stern, the author of The Sleeping Beauty once said, “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” We couldn’t agree more! Therefore, the travel bugs would like to broadcast our gratitude to our friends, families and dear readers.
Wait for it…
It’s official! We are legit!
Words cannot adequately express how grateful we are to be nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award. A big shout out to Kaitlyn Napier, the amazing and lovely writer of Bucket List with Kait. Thank you for sharing this humble travel bug family to the blogging world.
Now, to the business of the Liebster Award. To be honest, we did not know what it was and how it came to existence until last week. Nonetheless, we are overjoyed and grateful to accept it!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award designed with the purpose of recognizing new bloggers and introducing them to the blogging community. Imagine an award in the form of a virtual tag game. The word liebster means beloved, pleasant, welcome, valued or darling, or in the case of a young child, well-behaved. Although we cannot boast of our good behaviors this year, we certainly try our best to be pleasant and welcoming to our readers and fellow travelers.
Liebster Award 2017 Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award (feature image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
To Kaitlyn Napier of Bucket List with Kait
“Our unanimous attitude is one of lasting gratitude!” – from the Scrooge musical.
For those of you who do not know of Bucket List with Kait. It is a blog about amazing travel experiences, good food, and much more. The talented young author, Kaitlyn Napier, is a dreamer determined to cross off a lengthy, mind-blowing bucket list while sharing her dreams with us. As we read her blog and learned more about Kait, it was heartwarming and astonishing to see experiences such as “marry the love of my life” and “jump from a cliff” being checked off her list! You can learn more about Kait’s bucket list and follow her journey here: bucketlistwithkait.com
My Favorite Blog
This is definitely the most difficult part of writing this post. Until now, we have never considered any favorites since there are so many wonderful bloggers we have encountered. But, alas, if we have to choose a favorite based on blog post, it is definitely Around the World with Alison. In her blog post, “Traveling by Faith Alone,” Allison dismantles the stereotypes of a Christian female solo traveler by candidly sharing her faith and experiences. Her transparency and honesty challenged us to examine our faith and our identify in Christ not just at home but also while traveling.
A Little About Us (Optional, but gladly obliged.)
We are a family of three, thriving to experience God’s amazing creation and grace through our journey of life. As part of the nomination, we were asked to describe ten random facts about us. Brace yourself for the Travel Bug Facts:
- All: We recently became musical theater enthusiasts. In fact, we are going to perform at the Music Theater Village this winter!
- Cameron: I am a comic book nerd and have been since I was 5 years old. Make mine MARVEL!
- Jenny: I have a mole on the sole of my foot. My dad said that in Chinese, it means, “you stepped on a star.”
- Paige: I love bunnies. That is why I bring Miffy or Clover with me wherever I travel.
- Cameron: I lived in Tokyo, Japan for 2 months, teaching English and how to study the Bible.
- Jenny: I love painting, especially water color. To pay for grad school, I sold some of my paintings and origami creations at the Sawdust Art Festival.
- Paige: I hate it when people say, “Paige, flip the page.” Not funny!
- Cameron: I was inspired by Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf to play the oboe for many years because I liked duck sound.
- Paige: I love animation. When I grow up, I want to become an animator.
- Jenny: Most of my fondest childhood memories are of vacations I spent with my father and younger brother. C.S. Lewis said, “Write about what really interests you, whether it is real things or imaginary things, and nothing else.” Traveling has that effect on me, that is why I started this blog.
Nomination Questions from Kait:
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Paige: Japan because I love ramen noodles.
- Why did you start your blog?
Unanimous: Traveling is our passion. By writing this blog, we hope to inspire others to share their passion in life as well.
- What is your favorite blog post that you have written, and why?
Cameron: Wittenberg – A Sugar Free Halloween, it is amazing that Jenny had a chance to see such a historical place. It was the heart of the Protestant Reformation. I felt like I got to know more about Martin Luther through her post.
Jenny: 10 Tips to Freeze Vacation Meltdowns, it brought back many sweet memories.
Paige: A Paigeylicious Adventure in Amsterdam. Starring me!
- Would you rather have a relaxing vacation on the beach, or an adventurous vacation hiking in the mountains?
Unanimous: Relaxing vacation on the beach.
- Pop tarts or Toaster Strudels?
Paige: Pop tarts because I don’t know what Toaster Strudels are.
- If you had to choose one meal to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Cameron and Jenny: Homemade Cantonese food
- Where do you hope to go on your next trip?
Paige: Definitely Florida! Disney World, here we come!
- What is one item on your bucket list you are most excited about accomplishing?
Jenny and Paige: We completed a ropes course in Camp Oakhurst this week! It was exhilarating.
- Where is your happy place?
Unanimous: There is no place like home (for the holidays) 🎶.
- What is the best memory you have traveling?
Paige: All of them! I love all our vacations, the more family and friends the better!
My Nominees – New Blogs About Life and Travel
- Mr. Dash, Amy, Nicholas, and Miss Pea shares creative ideas, weekly inspiration, parenting tips and encouragement with us through their amazingly creative blog page. We love reading their parenting stories and look forward to try out some of their messy fun craft activities.
- Shannon and I met while we were traveling in Prague. We, along with several fellow wanderers from Australia and Washington quickly became friends in the Golden City on an interesting, rainy, bad hair day. When I returned home, I started following Shannon’s journey where she shares her love for travel and music.
- Sammi shares her words of encouragement in faith, marriage, and motherhood through her blog. Her transparency challenges us to dig deeper into our faith.
- Teliah believes in Jesus, loves makeup, and appreciates family and friends. In her blog, she shares beauty tips, her love for Christ, relationship tips, and words of encouragement with her readers. Her writing style is sweet and concise. Check out her blog post “Misery Loves Company” and learn how she was inspired by the story of Joseph to overcome adversity.
Questions for The Blogs I Nominate
- What are you most thankful for this week?
- If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite cuisine or dish?
- What type of vacation do you prefer? Sightseeing? Time with nature? Or staycation?
- What is the most important lesson you have learned in life?
- Selfie stick or no selfie stick?
- What is one of your guilty pleasure?
- If you can visit any city in the world, where would it be?
- What are 2 things you cannot live without?
- What is the favorite post you have written and why?
To my Liebster Award Nominees
Tag, you’re it! We look forward to read your answers and see more of your creativity shine through the sweetness of the Liebster Award.
“Find the sweetness in your own heart, then you may find the sweetness in every heart.” – Rumi